The Board on Health Sciences Policy (HSP) oversees and guides a program of activities that is intended to encourage and sustain the continuous vigor of the basic biomedical and clinical research enterprises needed to ensure and improve the health and resilience of the public. In conducting these activities, consideration is given to the ethical, legal, and social contexts of scientific and technologic advances and to the balance between scientific opportunities and public needs. The goals of the Board on Health Sciences Policy are to:
- Foster the emerging fields of research in the health and biomedical sciences;
- Strengthen the role of science in policy and decision-making;
- Promote and improve the education of health and research professionals and of the general public;
- Ensure an adequate workforce in biomedical and clinical research;
- Strengthen the preparedness, resilience, and sustainability of communities; and
- Address issues in biomedical ethics.
View consensus activities from this board.
View convening activities from this board: Roundtables | Forums | Standing Committees