Envisioning the Future of Health Professional Education: A Workshop
Tweeting about this workshop? Use our hashtag, #IHPEGF
An ad hoc committee under the auspices of the Institute of Medicine will plan and conduct a two day public workshop to explore recent shifts in the health and health care industry and their implications for health professional education and workforce learning. The workshop will likely explore such topics as:
- Opportunities for new platforms of communication and learning.
- Continuous education of the health workforce.
- Global health professional education, training, and practice and the role of culture in perceptions and approaches to health and disease.
- Opportunities for team-based care and other types of collaborations.
- Social accountability of the health professions.
These issues will be examined in a 2 day public workshop that will be planned and organized by an ad hoc committee of the IOM. The committee will develop a workshop agenda, select and invite speakers and discussants, and moderate the discussions. Following the workshop, an individually authored summary of the event will be prepared by a designated rapporteur in accordance with institutional guidelines.
An IOM/SSH Gaming Arcade Reception took place immediately following Day 1 of the workshop. This event was planned with the Society for Simulation in Healthcare (SSH). To view a video and pictures of the event, see below.
The workshop was free and open to the public. PowerPoint presentations and videos of the webcast recordings can be found in the links on the right side of this page.
To download the workshop summary free of charge, click here.
Upcoming Meetings for this Activity
October 25, 2018 (8:00 AM Pacific)
November 13, 2018 - November 14, 2018 (8:30 AM Eastern)