Public Workshop of the Committee on the Return of Individual-Specific Research Results Generated in Research Laboratories
National Academies of Sciences, Engineering, and Medicine
Main Building, Lecture Room
September 6-7, 2017
Public Workshop Objectives:
- Explore current practices and key considerations in the return of individual-specific research results (ROR) including,
- Participant preferences and implications for informed consent.
- The benefits and risks associated with the return of research in different contexts.
- Logistical and operational implications for researchers, institutions, and participants.
- State and federal legal and regulatory policies relevant to the ROR and how they present real or perceived barriers.
- The identification of communication strategies for the appropriate and effective ROR.
- Identify the circumstances under which ROR might be appropriately performed.
If you would like to attend this workshop, please register using the link under "Attend this Meeting."
The workshop agenda can be found under "Other Meeting Resources."
This workshop will be webcast live. Please register for the webcast using the link under "Attend this Meeting." Instructions on viewing the webcast will be provided after registration.
Submit a Comment to the Committee
Previous Meetings for this Activity
July 19, 2017 - July 20, 2017 (8:30 AM Eastern)
Additional Meeting Resources