The Role of Drug Control Policies on Individual and Community Health for People of Color: A Workshop
On October 8, the Roundtable on the Promotion of Health Equity will host a one-day workshop on the Role of Drug Control Policies on Individual and Community Health for People of Color. The workshop will include speakers who will address the below objectives. The draft agenda is now available on the right of this page.
1. To better understand how drug control policies and laws affect people and communities of color.
2. To examine the effects of race and ethnicity on drug policies in the criminal justice process.
3. To explore promising models and best practices for new ways to handle drug convictions in the criminal justice system.
- This event will not be webcast. Attendees will only have the option to attend in-person.
- The speaker biographical sketches and resources list will be available soon.
I can not attend the workshop in person, how can I learn more?
A written account of the workshop, called "workshop proceedings," will be available in the months following the workshop for free download on the main Roundtable webpage.