Hold a Web Conference with WebExAccess
- Your username is the same as your Academies username. Do not include “@nas.edu”
- If you’ve forgotten your password, click on “Forgot your password” to reset.
- Contact firstname.lastname@example.org if you need help with your account information.
There are two components of WebEx that work hand-in-hand:
- The WebEx account: allows staff to conduct the online session.
- The audio portion: allows participants to communicate via phone conference during the online session. We have a vendor, Intercall, which provides the audio piece.
If you haven’t already, you’ll need to pair your audio information with your WebEx account. This is a one-time process.
1. Log into your WebEx account.
2. Click on the My WebEx
3. Click Preferences
on the left side of your screen.
4. Under Audio, click Set up
5. Under Teleconference, click Add account
6. From your Intercall welcome email (Subject” “Your InterCall Conferencing Account Information”), copy your dial-in information, conference code, and leader PIN into the appropriate fields and select OK.Schedule and Start a Meeting
1. Log in to your WebEx site.
2. Under Host a Meeting
on the left side, click Schedule a Meeting
3. If you see the Advanced Scheduler page, click Quick Scheduler
4. Enter a Meeting Topic, then enter and confirm the meeting password.
5. Specify the Date, Time and Duration. (Setting duration is for planning only — the meeting will continue until you end it.)
6. Enter the email addresses of people you want to invite.
7. Click the green Schedule Meeting
button to finish scheduling your meeting.
8. To start the meeting, click My Meetings
, locate the meeting and click Start.Run a Meeting
Recording the Meeting
- WebEx Quick Reference – Screenshot with labels for what all the buttons do
- Audio Quick Reference – List of all phone shortcuts
1. Select where you will be recording the meeting to by clicking on Meeting > Recorder Settings > Record on server
2. Press the red Record
button to start recording.
You can view your recording by logging into your WebEx account and clicking My Recorded Meetings
on the left side.Get Help During Your Meeting
- Audio Conference Support: Dial 00 to connect with operator if you are having audio problems during your call.
- WebEx Support: 800-508-8758 or email@example.com
- NAS ITS, Helpdesk email or 202-334-3430
- As the host, log into your meeting at least 30 minutes beforehand – that way you can settle any issues that may come up before the meeting starts.
- Assign an Alternate Host so someone else can start up the meeting if you are unable to.
- Use a hardwire internet connection – this is more stable than Wi-Fi and less likely to cut out in the middle of your meeting.
- Use a landline phone connection – this is more stable than cellular phones and generally provides better audio quality.
- If you will have a panel of speakers, hold a practice with your panelists to make sure they are comfortable with WebEx.