Global Genomic Medicine Collaborative (G2MC)
The Global Genomic Medicine Collaborative (G2MC) is an action collaborative among global leaders in the implementation of genomic medicine in clinical care. Arising from the 2014 Global Leaders in Genomic Medicine Summit, the purpose of G2MC is to identify opportunities and foster global collaborations for enabling the demonstration of value and the effective use of genomics in medicine. Engaging multiple stakeholders across the globe, the G2MC group seeks to improve global health by catalyzing the implementation of genomic tools and knowledge into health care delivery globally. To accomplish these goals, seven working groups were created, including communications, education, evidence, IT/bioinformatics, pharmacogenomics, policy, and a steering group to guide and support efforts among working groups.
Specifically, it is intended to:
- Serve as nexus, clearinghouse, and knowledge base for genomic medicine activities globally;
- Develop opportunities for global genomic medicine demonstration projects (implementation and outcomes research) and;
- Capture and disseminate best practices for genomic medicine (in bioinformatics, education, evidence, pharmacogenomics, policy) across the global genomic medicine community.
The purpose and goals of the Global Genomic Medicine Collaborative (G2MC):
- Develop projects with global participation
- Opportunities to disseminate learnings for genomic medicine implementation
- Educational platforms to support genomic medicine projects
- Community engagement and access to global genomic medicine expertise
- Creation of a registry or catalog of genomic medicine projects and programs across the globe to stimulate collaboration and efficiency in translation
- Be a global policy forum for genomic medicine
- Mapping the global genomic medicine landscape particularly as it relates to policy and implementation
- Global eradication of preventable Stevens Johnson Syndrome/Toxic Epidermal Necrolysis
November 6-7, 2015 - Implementing Genomic Medicine into Practice
The meeting objectives were to:
- Highlight nations or organizations around the world that are implementing genomic medicine into practice
- Foster/facilitate collaborations to enable the implementation of genomic medicine
- Highlight best practices and lessons learned to enable others to effectively implement genomic medicine approaches
- Identify and develop solutions for overcoming obstacles to genomic medicine implementation
- Identify and discuss regulations and policies that impact the implementation of genomic medicine
- Create a global tool box for implementation of genomic medicine into practice
G2MC Group Photo
January 8-9, 2014 - Global Leaders in Genomic Medicine
The goals of the meeting were to:
- Identify areas of active translational and implementation research, potential common strategies, and opportunities for collaborative efforts.
- Identify common barriers to implementation of genomics in healthcare and a policy agenda relevant to advances in the field.
- Identify nations with unique capabilities (such as national healthcare systems) that may allow rapid implementation and measures of key outcomes.
- Discuss opportunities (such as national healthcare system) that may allow rapid implementation and measures of key outcomes.
Participants (View Bios)